Wednesday, April 05, 2006


I guess its been a week since I last wrote.

I finished up my Java project by working and programming pretty much all day last Thursday and then the first half of Friday. We actually got an extension until Monday, but I didn't want to think about it anymore, so I just turned it in on Friday to get it off my mind!

Friday afternoon was pretty fun. I grabbed Liz and we went out to Roanoke to enjoy the beautiful afternoon. We left around 3 and took the back way (Catawba) out to Roanoke. It was a beautiful drive. We got on the Blue Ridge Parkway and found a little hike that was around the Roanoke Mountain camping area. We hiked for about an hour and a half and it was pretty fun, but then realized that we were slightly lost. Thankfully, we hiked a little more and happened across the campsite area, so there were maps and stuff. We also found that we had just hiked about a 2.5 mile loop and were only like 10 minutes from my car. So that was rather convienient. :P We then drove back into the city and went shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond for quite a while looking at stuff for the wedding registry. We went next door to the new CiCi's Pizza for dinner around 8:30. It was good and fun. After dinner, we went downtown and walked around for awhile enjoying the ambience. :) We headed out of Roanoke entirely around 11:30 and got to bed late.

Saturday was relaxing...I woke up at 10:30 and I really did a lot of nothing at all. It was good in some ways, but bad in others. I was able to relax, but I also struggled with some things and was pretty discouraged. I spent some time over at Liz's in the evening and it as pretty nice.

Sunday was okay too. Not the best day in the world, but I got some work done and got to be with Liz. It just felt like I was moving so slowly through everything and I was feeling pretty overwhelmed with everything and having a bad focus on God.

Monday started pretty hard, at least with my attitude. After class, Liz and I had our Bible study time and lunch at my house. We spent most of the time talking, which was good. I volunteered for the engineering fair for an hour after that, which ended up being pointless. In the afternoon, I needed to get away and have some alone time and prayer time. I drove off into the country for awhile and it was nice. God is good and I was able to get my focus back on Him and feel more encouraged about things. I was back and around 5, I called Liz to see how she was. She was over at the mall and I decided right away that I wanted to go suprise her. So, I got ready and then drove over there while I was talking to her for 20 minutes. I hung up and told her I might come later on, and then three minutes later I found her in the mall and surprised her. :-D It was fun. I spent the rest of the evening helping her shop for the gift registry. We spent some more time in the mall and a lot of time at Target. We went back to her house for a late 10:30 dinner and then spent time going over our workbook lesson togheter.

Yesterday wasn't too exciting, but okay. Most of the day was just spent working on schoolwork. I made Liz and I dinner which was nice. I suppose that is about it.

The rest of this week looks busy. Tonight is Awana. I'm looking forward to having Curt over tomorrow to hang out and fire up the grill. :) Don't have any definite plans for this weekend other than catching up on all of these projects to do. Hopefully, I can sneak in some fun time too. :)

No comments: