Tuesday, November 23, 2004


I need to blog!! Mkay, where did I leave off? Ah yes, Friday.

Both my classes were cancelled, so it was great. I got up early and met Liz at Deet's at 8:30. We chatted a bit over food and then had a good Bible study together for the first time in awhile. That was very nice. :) Afterwards, I walked her to class then came home and didn't do too much before lunch. Made lunch and had some more quiet time and then was rather lazy during the afternoon. Played darts against myself for awhile, then played guitar for the first time in forever and that was fun. Then disciplined myself to start working on my CS project...but only over a cigar while enjoying the sunset in my backyard. :P After that I made some dinner, then picked Liz up at 7 and went over to the Dellinger's for their get-together with lots of peeps. It was rather fun. Good food and good peeps. We spent most of the time watching the old movie The Ten Commandments. I was pretty into it, but then by the 3rd hour, I was dying. I couldn't wait for that piece to end, lol. Finally got over and got home around 12 or so I think, then snoozed.

Was up early and packed some stuff and my kitty in the car and left for home at 8. The trip up was mostly uneventful, except for a big accident which I avoided by jumping off on Route 11 for awhile. Got back to home at 12:30 and saw my sisters for a little bit. My parents came home from shopping around 2 and I got to chat with them a little. Started watching the UVA-GT game and ended up falling asleep on the couch until about 4 when my parents left to go to a wedding. Tim came over around 5:30 and we sat around and talked and stuff for awhile. Then ordered some pizza and Tim and my sisters and I watched the movie Elf. It was pretty hilarious. :D So it was a fun night. Tim left around 9:30, then I chatted with Liz on the phone for almost an hour, but it was good. :) After that, I was exhausted and got to bed.

Got up early again and went to the 8:15 service at Reston Bible. It went really well, the worship was cool and Mike's message was very strong too. :) After church, came home and started reading a book called The Power of Commitment, by Jerry White. It's about being spiritually committed to God and the importance of that. It's really good stuff. So I read that for awhile and then met Justin White at 11:45 at Countryside Cafe for lunch. Ate with him for about and hour and caught up on life and happenings with him, which was cool. :) After that I came back home, had a good quiet time reading James (awesome book) and then read the committment book for a good 3 hours or so. Then went and watched the Skins-Eagles game with my Dad at 4. It was fun, but sometime around halftime I ended up falling asleep and woke up in the 4th quarter, at which point the Skins were losing miserably, so I stopped watching and read my book for another 2 hours. Then my Mom is awesome and she made me a one-month-belated birthday cake and we had a small party for me. :) It was fun, then I chatted with my momma for awhile before I went to bed.

Got up early and had a good breakfast and quiet time and then packed up and hit the road bound back to Blacksburg. The trip went great, traffic was light and I was able to get down here in just over 4 hours. Liz called me on her lunch break just as I got home and we chatted for almost 30 minutes. Then I unpacked, made some lunch and then spent the first part of the afternoon researching some stuff, thinking about things, and learning some good life lessons. :) Around 3, I started doing some accounting and balancing my money record vs what I actually have. I hadn't done that since LAST Thanksgiving break, so it was bad. My record indictated I had almost $900 more than I actually did, so that sucked. I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out where it went and what happened. Finally found that I had counted a paycheck twice back in January. Arrghh!! That was painful and I was so tired and just fell asleep around 6 on my bed. Liz woke me up at 6:30 with a call. Got myself cleaned up and then wandered over to her place to see her at 7:30. Had a great meatloaf dinner with her family and Liz and I spent some time looking at a lot of her pictures. It was really fun. :H Got the pleasure of listening to her play some piano, and then we went for a walk around the neighborhood around 11. It was a pretty warm night out and we had a really good talk. Started raining around 12 and then we came inside and ended up talking in the kitchen some more until almost 1. We're insane, haha. It was great to see her and talk about some stuff though, so I'm so happy we got to. :) So, of course, I was exhausted and went to bed at some indecent hour. :P

No comments: