Thursday, August 12, 2004

Love Rollercoaster

Nope, not the Ohio Players, this is my life, lol. :) Going with the theme of the last two weeks, yesterday was quite another rollercoaster. Went to work and actually got a task to do. I wasn't too excited because it sucked and was really killing my brain. I worked for 11 hours yesterday and just about got it fixed but there's just one part I can't figure out. :-/ And then, of course, I had all sorts of other stress from the rest of my life bothering me and then found out that I didn't get the job I really wanted in Blacksburg and I was just falling apart at the seams. And then I found this possible roomate online who might live with us this year, but he's going on vacation Friday morning but wants to see the place, so I made a decision around 6 that I need to leave this afternoon instead of tommorow morning, which really screwed up a lot of my plans and timing for seeing people today. So that totally had me stressed, and by the time I got home around 6:15 I was just at my wits end and maxed out with stress, anger and every other emotion under the sun. I'm really curious what a minor heart attack feels like because I was like twitching and had this horrible stinging like bad heartburn in my chest. Stress is not healthy. :-/ It still hurts a little this morning. So I was dying and was scheduled to have dinner with Ken at 6:30. So he comes at 6:30, and we've been wanting to have a one-on-one convo all summer but it hasn't worked, so I was excited, but then since I'd be leaving a day early, I wanted to see the other guys, so we got Tim, Tony and Gene to come out with us for dinner too. We went to Logan's and ate and it was good and we had a nice time. It was cool to hang with everyone there. Then the other guys left around 8:30 and then some other guys wanted to go out with me and Ken to Hard Times Cafe and hang out a bit at 9. So, me and Ken drove over there. On the trip over, we started getting into a deep convo and I just started spilling my life to him, lol. We got there around 9 and for some reason, the other guys' car broke down and they didn't get there until a little after 10. But it was a blessing in disguise because me and Ken sat there in the parking lot and talked for that whole hour and just had the best heart to heart conversation about life, love, stress, God, contentment, etc, etc. And boy did I ever need that. I just spilled everything to him and he just really helped me through a lot of my thoughts and really helped me to get my focus back to where I need to be. And that's just to humble myself and trust God's will for my life. That's all I can do and that's what I must do. But, it was just an awesome convo, and just in time too, because I was on the verge of losing my mind completely. God is so good and just blessed me with a good friend like Ken who's well grounded and Godly and can just help me from time to time. I love having strong convo's with him, they're always so good. It's just a shame that I don't get to see him more than like 5 or 6 times a year. :-/ But man, I feel so much better this morning and have a good peace about life back. It's all good. :) Plus, it's my last day here, hopefully forever, and I'm heading to Blacksburg around 1. :)

No comments: